Sunday, April 11, 2010

Eric Orr's Art Studio

Sometimes I'm not sure who has more fun doing scout activities...the kids or Mom! Unfortunately, Mom usually is so busy overseeing kids that she doesn't get to make a project herself.

For this activity, we went out to Eric Orr's Art Studio in Copper Canyon. It's a place that Katelyn and I had been to with GLECPTA back in our preschool days. For a small supply fee, the kids get to make something out of clay and glaze it. The girl scouts made these plaques, and the cub scouts made goblets that will go towards their Artist or Craftsman Webelos Pins.

One day soon, I'm going to learn how to use the kiln that grandma (my mom) got for me last fall. It's now in the garage adn wired in. I just need to round everything up and have a free day to stay home and babysit the firing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment